Monday, November 16, 2009

Good News or Stories?

Helping to maintain our church prayer chain to the best of our ability is a privilege and a huge responsibility for the coordinators.  We do the best we can to share accurate information and worry we will make mistakes.  But overall the power of prayer is too important not to take chances.  And we've been blessed by forgiving folks on our prayer list when inevitable mistakes happen.  We are grateful for their patience!

Some days as I pause to pray I also wonder if folks ever feel led to share praises - or simply good news.  We all benefit from a smile.  You know smile muscles take less effort than frowns and of course a belly laugh sends lovely and healing endomorphs throughout our bodies!  So this month of November if you have good news (or a fun story or comment to share that may not be right for the prayer list mailings) I'd be happy to post it here.  Bring 'em on!!!  :)

Looking for some examples?  Try these sites for ideas...

*A Guidepost "Two Sisters Yam War" that made me smile:  http://www.guideposts.com/story/great-yam-war?emaileid=NL_YWI_Sub%20Category

*A Good News site!  http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/


Be blessed this sunny day following the Nor'easter! 

Sheila

2 comments:

  1. So today I was in a hurry to get out of the door, and I was trying to get Caleb dressed. I pulled out a pair of really cute curdorory pants for him to wear. He said in his best whiney/crying, the world is over voice, "No Mommy, No! I don't want to wear those." To which I responded, "Stop crying. Now why don't you want to wear these pants." He immediately said, "I don't want to wear those. How 'bout some cozy one!" Why didn't I think of that myself. Wouldn't we all love to wear our cozy pants out in public every day:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet is that??? And I love that our little sweetie can think and reason for himself. Thanks for sharing a precious moment, Lesli!

    Love,

    Gigi - who can hardly wait to cozy up with Caleb on his next visit! :)

    ReplyDelete